Friday, April 11, 2008

Random Book Ramblings and So Long Farewell

It's been a weird week for me regarding books and reading. I finished what I had been reading, and I didn't feel like starting some big new thing because tomorrow we leave on vacation. So, I just want to take light reading with me, and I didn't want to start the light reading, because then I'd probably finish before the vacation started, which would defeat the purpose. So that meant I just stared at all my book piles wondering why I couldn't just pick something up and read already!

I am still reading Quentin's, but that's my treadmill book you see... so it stays with the treadmill. And I did okay with both endeavers for most of this week, but it fell apart the last couple of days. So there Quentin's still sits, waiting, waiting. And it will wait for a whole other week, 'cause I'm for sure not taking THAT big huge hardback with me on vacation.

And I really should have been starting, and finishing my one of my book club books, 1776, which we'll be talking about the week after vacation. But I'm so not in the mood for that right now. I read one chapter, and it wasn't too bad. But still, I just don't feel like it.

Which means I probably don't feel like reading the ongoing War and Peace saga either. So it sits, extremely neglected, poor thing.

I tried to start The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, but it just didn't grab me fast enough. Besides, it's kind big to haul around with me next week too.

So what AM I going to take on vacation? It's always a stress isn't it? And I have a hard time narrowing it down. I'll take at least three of the following:

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
Looking for Alaska by John Green (I started this one yesterday... it could be out of the running since I might finish it today!)
Nicola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot
Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

Those last three I went and checked out from the library yesterday. What was I thinking! Someone stop me! Anyway, I look forward to all of them!

Okay, so, I'm off for awhile. We'll be away from the computer all next week, no internet access or nothing. I'll tell you ALL about it when I'm back!

So Long Farewell and HAPPY READING EVERYONE!


3 comments:

  1. I think you should take along these:
    Stardust by Neil Gaiman
    the Meg Cabot book
    and PEEPS.

    Have a great vacation. I'll be blogging all week while you are out of town, so you will have a lot to catch up on.

    O, incidentally, I subscribed to this blog through bloglines, since Anna got me interested in the service so I can stay updated on everyone's posts easily. I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for some great posts. Books are my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails