Thursday, August 30, 2007

Booking Through Thursday: Statistics

Booking Through Thursday

There was a widely bruited-about statistic reported last week, stating that 1 in 4 Americans did not read a single book last year. Clearly, we don’t fall into that category, but . . . how many of our friends do? Do you have friends/family who read as much as you do? Or are you the only person you know who has a serious reading habit?


When I saw this story in the paper, my mouth fell open, I stopped everything I was doing, and read the whole article. I guess I realized that there's lots of people who aren't "readers", but to not have read any book at all? It really blows me away.

To answer the question, I have lots of friends and family who read, but not too many who get into it quite as much as I do. They think I'm crazy when they hear me talking about joining this or that challenge, reading this blog or that blog, participating in various online AND face-to-face groups, having more than one book going at time, keeping track of what I read in a reading log .... stuff like that. And to have my very own blog about reading and books.... whoa! Now THAT'S really crazy!

But it's fun to be known as the crazy reader. So I've decided to embrace it and not be so shy about it like I used to be.

As for those people in my life who don't read.... hmmm.... I don't get them. Those people make me feel like I must not have anything else to do in my life, and then I start to get mad, so usually it's better to stay away from the reading/book topic with them!

But, there's not very many of those types, so for the most part.... it's all good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails