Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Sunday Salon: What to Read Next?


Hard to believe it's Sunday again and yet another week has flown by.

Reading-wise I've been doing pretty good the last few days. I finished Elantris by Brandon Sanderson on Friday (review found here) and Pillage by Obert Skye yesterday. After all the fantasy I've been reading lately, I decided I needed something "real" so then I picked up The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie. It's possible that one may be a little too "real"! But a fast quick read and I'll be done with it today.

So here's some of the books yelling the loudest for me to read next:

The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

The Guernsy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


Many of you have been having fun asking your readers to pick your next book. So now it's my turn: Which one of the above books should I read next? Please comment with your pick! But be fast, 'cause I'll be ready really soon to start it!

Be sure to stop by Wednesday for voting on our next Bookword! Suggestions being taken right now at An Adventure in Reading for what to call a book that reminds you of another book you already read.


12 comments:

  1. Chains was fabulous! And I absolutely adored Guernsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved Chains. I then thought I had to read others by Halse-Anderson and ran to the library for Speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a number of books here calling out to me too. Some can be very loud, can't they? I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! LOVED this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Chains cuz if we go to the signing (hint hint) we'll have to have more read by her. So if you read it quick maybe I can borrow?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would choose Guernsey or Boy in the Striped Pyjamas if it were me having to make this choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the suggestions people! It was pretty much a toss up between Guernsy and Chains. But yesterday, I ended up reading 1/2 of Gurensy. Wow! As soon as I finish it, I'll read Chains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Guernsey and Chains. I just read The Painted Veil and it is excellent as well so when you finish those two you should read The Painted Veil. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails