Monday, March 2, 2009

The Classics Challenge 2009


I've got to get back to reading more classics. They almost always end up as my favorite books of the year, or the ones I look back on so fondly and want to read over and over again. I can't leave them hanging! And so, here I am signing up for the Classics Challenge for 2009. (Hosted by Trish of Trish's Reading Nook.)


I'm choosing to do the Classics Entree which is to pick five books to read between April and October. Also, I will do the Bonus, which is to read a "future" classic, as suggested by those participating in the challenge.


My five books:


1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (I WILL finish this! I WILL!)

2. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte

3. Daniel Deronda by George Eliot

4. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

5. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe


Bonus: The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

7 comments:

  1. You've got some good choices there. I really enjoyed Moll Flanders. War and Peace is on my shelf and I keep thinking I should read it but it's so big. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with War and Peace! I want to read it too, but other things keep getting in the way - maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cranford is on my list for the 1% Well-Read Challenge - I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be reading Cranford and Agnes Grey this year too for some different challenges--Cranford looks loonnngg!
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with #1 :)I have tried several times, and finally have given up on it. :-p The others I could read though, I am sure! :-D Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Cranford with my daughter now, it's sly and low-key. Should be an easy read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. War and Peace!! Whew!! Thanks for signing up for the challenge Suey. I've got Moll Flanders on the shelf--maybe I should add that to my list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails