Thursday, March 12, 2009

Review: Pillage by Obert Skye


Book: Pillage by Obert Skye
Genre: YA (MG?) Fantasy
Rating: A-
For: Fun

Here's yet another book about a kid who has an extremely dysfunctional family. He is sent off to live with his crazy uncle, and then he learns he has powers. Sound familiar? He and his two new friends end up trying to solve the mystery of the "conservatory" and the filled-in basement. What the discover causes a huge amount of trouble!

Even with the familiar theme, I enjoyed the book completely. It's a quick, fun, fast story. A perfect one for any dragon lovers out there!

This author is well-known for his Leven Thumps series (at least around here).... only the first one I've read. I met him once at a signing, but for a long, long time haven't heard or seen him around. He's a local author (I think he lives around here) but very elusive. Like, why doesn't he go to the LTUE conference thing? Hmmm... I just googled and found
this Wikipedia article interesting! There's a myspace for him that looked active for awhile, but seems quite dead now.

Here's a funny video I found of him (yes this is the guy I met) talking about Leven and Foo. It looks pretty recent too. Interesting. I need to catch up with that series!


Other Reviews:

2 comments:

  1. I have this book on my shelf just begging to be read.

    I wonder if he's working on a new book? Some authors have a diminished online presence and appearance schedule when they're working on a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Levin books yet, but they're on my list. And I do enjoy dragon stories- so maybe I'll look for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails