First the exciting news: congratulations to Stephanie from Books n More Books! She just won the drawing for the Amazon gift certificate that I had going for my 2 year celebration. I'm excited because she is new to the book blogging world, and hopefully this will make her excited to keep posting and being part of this cool community. (But I need your email address Stephanie!) Thanks to all those who participated. I enjoyed hearing what I do that you like, and also I got some great suggestions on what to add to the blog. I'm working on those!
Second item of business: We need more suggestions for the current bookword we are creating. So be sure to drop by HERE and let us know what you think we should call a book that keeps getting bumped to the bottom of the TBR pile. Poor thing.
Third: what am I reading today? Hmmm.... nothing really. I know, tragedy! Actually, I started The Lightning Thief so I can find out once and for all what the big deal is with Percy Jackson. However, I've really just barely started, so I've yet to be yanked in. But according to many of you, that shouldn't take long, right?
Other random reading tidbits:
- We bought Twilight, the movie and watched it again last night. I stand by all I said about it before. I love some parts and think other parts are overly cheesy. I'm looking forward to what they do with New Moon.
- Book club on Thursday seemed especially fun. Maybe I was just in a silly mood. Maybe I was tired and slap happy, I don't know. But it was really fun. Thanks to those of you who came and joined in the silliness! :)
- I got a couple more chapters read in War and Peace! Just so you know!
- I submitted my first Amazon book review this week. I know, it's about time. But I'm shy like that. Some things take me awhile!
- I'm not going to get to go see Laurie Halse Anderson this week after all. So sad. But I suddenly realized one day that my daughter has a big school event that night and it's quite important that I be there for her. Oh, well. Maybe next time.
Well, I guess that's it for this Sunday Salon! Happy Reading to you all!