Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Review: Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson


Book: Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Genre: YA

Rating: A-

For: Fun, and because I thought I would get to meet the author this week, but as it turns out, I can't go after all. It's important that I be a mom that night instead.


I must say, this was a very depressing book. Page turning and gripping, but depressing. It's about a boy who has struggled with depression in his past, often thinking and imagining ways to die. Then this particular year in high school, things get even worse. Well, at first things seem to be looking up, because over the summer, he has quite improved his looks, and the girl of his dreams is suddenly noticing him. However, a major misunderstanding happens at a party, and he finds himself in trouble the he so does not deserve. To top it all off, his dad is awful to him, and he has no real friends to turn to. It's all very sad and brings him down to his most bottom point yet.


Sad, depressing story, but well-written and thought provoking, as all of her books are! Ah, I'm so bummed I don't get to go see her.

4 comments:

  1. At the risk of sounding like a broken record- I have this in my TBR! I LOVED Speak, so I got this and Chains and haven't read either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... this sounds good... But I think it may be a read to wait on until my own depression is a little more under control...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what prompted her to write such a sad and depressing book. sorry you didn't get to see her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what happened to you (obviously hadn't gotten through my reader yet). It was fun meeting her, she is a fantastic person. Twisted sounds like a good, but hard read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails