Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Midweek Morsels: Marble Cookies




I skipped Kristina's Midweek Morsels last week, so this week, I've got to come up with something! I've been having a food struggle this week, and feel like there is NOTHING to make! Arrghh, it's frustrating.

So today, we are making a HUGE batch of chocolate chip cookies at our house... Mrs. Fields cookies to be exact, taken from her cookie cook book. The reason? Because youngest daughter, Toto, will be portraying her in the 4th grade wax museum tomorrow night, (also the reason no Laurie Halse Anderson for me!) and if you're going to be Mrs. Fields, I'd say you better have cookies to hand out!!!

But, that's not the recipe I'm sharing here, since we all have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. What AM sharing is another cookie recipe from this book that we tried last week and shared them at book club. My family went crazy for these cookies and they were gone nearly instantly. The book club people seemed to enjoy them too, and ate WAY more than they usually do!

Marbles from Mrs. Fields Best Ever Cookie Book

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Heat oven to 300 degrees. Combine sugars, then add butter, egg, sour cream and vanilla. Beat 'till light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Do not over mix.

Melt chocolate chips. Cool for just a bit, then add to cookie batter. Lightly fold chocolate in, but DO NOT completely mix in. Create the marble affect this way.

Bake for 20 min. Do not brown, transfer quickly to rack to cool.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I love Mrs. Field's Cookies! We used to have one here but all of a sudden it was gone =( And since I can't bake to save my life, I'm going to give this to my mom and maybe I can "help" her make them this weekend! LOL Thanks Suey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those sound SO good!! My sister in law makes a Mrs. Fields' cookie with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and shaved chocolate which my husband says is his favorite chocolate chip cookie but I say is NOT a true, classic chocolate chip cookie! There's a huge split of the family in this debate. The neighbors at the lake cottage have even been involved! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love cookies! I'll have to give these a try I'm getting tired of the old stand-by's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you a surprise!! kristinasfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to eat Mrs. Fields cookies everytime I worked at the Camera shop in the mall...hmm maybe that's how I gained all this weight over the last 5 years. LOL Good thing I don't work at that camera shop anymore and I don't eat those cookies...they were too good to miss!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails