Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Midweek Morsels: Crazy Cake



Midweek Morsels at Kristina's Favorites. Come on over and share a recipe! The category this time? Whatever you want!

Without this recipe, I would be lost. We make it very nearly every birthday at our house. It's the easiest, tastiest "made from scratch" cake recipe there is.



Crazy Cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup cocoa


Mix in a bowl, and make a round impression in the middle to which you add the following wet ingredients:

3/4 cup oil
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 cups cold water
2 tsp. vanilla

Blend together. Bake in well-greased pans (or 9X13 pan) for 30 to 40 min. at 375 degrees. Frost with your yummiest "made from scratch" chocolate frosting!

5 comments:

  1. I grew up with a similar recipe, but we called it wacky cake. It's a great recipe for food allergies b/c it's egg and dairy free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this recipe in our house too, only we called it "dad's cake." It was the only dessert my father would make, as he could do it all in one dish, stirring it all together in the cake pan. I like to drop chocolate chips into it, and my sister makes it with walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make that cake too! Only I make it right in the pan, dump the dry, then add the wet and stir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie P: I was going to mention it was also called Wacky Cake, but then I didn't.

    Jeane: Chocolate chips! Great idea!

    Raidergirl: Another great idea, to mix it right in the pan. I will try this next time.

    It's been fun to see how familiar this one is to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm gonna have to try this!! Thanks Suey!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails