Thursday, March 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Worst Best Book




How about, “What’s the worst ‘best’ book you’ve ever read — the one everyone says is so great, but you can’t figure out why?”

It's hard for me to answer this question because I tend to like everything that everyone else likes. Yes, I'm a crowd follower!

BUT, I did a read a book awhile back that I remember everyone talking about. I don't know for sure that everyone was really liking it, but it sure did get a lot of buzz. That book was The Nanny Diaries. So, I finally read it, and could hardly get through it, though I did manage it, gagging the whole way! Yeah, not my idea of a good book. It was terrible; the story, the characters, the writing. Everything. So, for those that liked this book, I just don't get it!

*******************************

P.S. The response for my Blogiversary giveaway has been underwhelming, to say the least! If you haven't
had a chance to enter, come do it soon..... you have excellent odds of winning this one!

8 comments:

  1. In the same genre, The Devil Wears Prada wasn't good either.

    http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't read it but saw the movie and thought it was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't read it and now I'm sure I never will :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend in college who nannied and she raved about this book. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie and then regretted it immensely since I think it sucked away some brain cells. I think I'll pass on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually enjoyed the book for a good laugh. Same for The Devil Wears Prada. Sometimes I need books that are just make me laugh. Borderline absurd and hysterical.

    Da Vinci Code for me. It doesn't have any competitor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is only one book that stands out in my mind, and the only book I've ever thrown in the trash (gasp!). It wasn't a novel, it was a parenting book called "On Being Babywise" by Gary Ezzo. HATED, HATED it. Everyone praised it to the skies to me, so when I read it I expected great things. Instead I was appalled at the bad pseudo-scientific "facts" he presented. The overriding thought as I read the book, was that he hates kids and women and has no respect for them. And I couldn't believe that a real doctor loaned his name to make the book more "true". I still shudder evertime I think of that book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails