- I totally fell in love with Charlie! A character that I didn't think much about as I read the books, but the actor truly endeared him to me. He was fabulous! Perfect!
- I thought all the Cullens were great. Perfect for the parts... except for Jasper, who was just a little too creepy. He reminded me of Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands. And I thought Jasper was a fun-loving happy sort of guy. Did I miss something?
- I wanted to cheer when Carlisle appeared. I have no idea why.
- I loved how the audience giggled at many different parts simply because we all knew what the characters where thinking. I've never seen that before. Very cool.
- I loved the "tree flying" scene, which wasn't in the book that I remember anyway. But it worked and I thought it was very cool. And right after, at the piano, also very cool.
- I thought the fight scene at the end was sufficiently intense. And James was sufficiently scary. Wow.
- I thought Jacob was great and I can't wait to see tons more of him next movie! I wanted to cheer when he appeared too.
- I loved how the humor of the situation showed itself quite a bit.
- There were some cheesy moments too, but I still loved it.
- Oh, the baseball scene with MUSE's Supermassive Black Hole song playing. So very very cool!
- I think they did okay with sparkly Edward... it wasn't too overdone or anything. It looked how I imagined.
- Oh, and I thought it was so cool how they incorporated the cover of the book into a scene! Loved it! :)
Stuff I didn't really like so much:
- It bugged me that they left out the blood fainting scene. Seems like that wouldn't have been so hard to leave in there!
- Wow, I was surprised that they actually showed the killing of James!
- Edward was a little stiff and awkward at times.
- I didn't like that I missed Stephenie Meyer's cameo! My kids caught it though and I heard the buzz through the audience. What was I looking at instead? I have no idea.
- The meadow scene. It was just not quite right. It was okay, but a little too different from the book and/or my imagination.
Well, I could probably go on and on, but I'll stop for now. Overall, I thought it was great and I could easily see it again!
So, what'd you think?
P.S. Here's MUSE, Stephenie Meyer's most favorite band, singing Supermassive Black Hole, live. I was able to see them in concert last year and loved it!