Saturday, March 4, 2023

Books I Read in February 2023

 I read four books this past month, same as I did in January! Maybe this is my magic number? Whatever it is I feel like it should be more!


Here's what I read in February:


The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher: a fun cute YA romcom that has us going on an adventure with Ana and Zak when they spend the night at a comic con trying to track down Ana's brother. They've all just done the quiz team competition and are at the hotel when Ana's brother decides to take of on his own. Zak is dying to be at the convention too, so he jumps at the chance to help Ana find him. And then all the crazy stuff that happens that night... LOL! It's... yeah... crazy! This was a fun and easy book to read, and I really enjoyed it. I'm giving it  ★ ★ ★ on Goodreads.




How to Be Interesting: An Instruction Manual by Jessica Hagy: This was a quick for fun non-fiction that fulfilled a couple of my challenge prompts. It had fun illustrations and lots of awesome ideas on how to not only BE interesting, but to make life itself interesting. I had fun going through it and hopefully some of the stuff will stick and I'll remember it for future use. Ha! I'm also giving this one ★ ★ ★ on Goodreads.




The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty: This was book club's read this month. It's told in several points of view from many different characters, all of them have something to do with two sisters, who 70 years prior to the events of the book, found an abandoned baby. They kept the baby and raised her (the characters are mostly her family) but never figured out the mystery of her parents disappearance. The whole thing has become a bit of a tourist attraction that all the family is involved in. The even celebrate the event every year, but it seems this year might be the last anniversary. I enjoyed this one too, but felt angry at some of the characters and their situations, uncomfortably so I would say. The rating for this one will be  ★ ★ ★ on Goodreads.

A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir: After reading the first one in this series last month, I had to go straight away to this second book. It follows our characters Laia and Elias on their to break Laia's brother out of prison. And they are being hunted by Helene, who was... is?... Elias' best friend. Things are complicated to say the least. Lots of magic and fighting and torture and all the things! I'm totally invested, but it's so intense I need to give it a little break before moving on! This one gets  ★ ★ ★ ★ on Goodreads!





I also started Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson this month, but expect it to be a year-long read! So stay tuned for updates on that! Other goals for March:

  • read The Silence of Bones for book club
  • finish the Leo Tolstoy short story project
  • read something (or two) from the shelves
My goals are pretty slim this month. We'll see how it goes I guess!

I did a video on the booktube channel about all this too if you want to watch/listen to me talk about these books instead!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a pretty interesting reading month. They all sound really fun. I'll had to add the ones not already on my TBR to my TBR. I hope March is a good reading month too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails