Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review Discussion: Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike

Book: Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike
Genre: YA Supernatural
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
For: Review
From (and FTC Disclosure):  Received for free from the publisher through Edelweiss. All opinions are my own.

Short Synopsis: So Charlotte is an Oracle and she gets visions of the future. But she has been taught to fight them and ignore them. Then, she starts having visions she can't fight and she begins to see the murders of her classmates. And finally, she decides she can't ignore them anymore and she must, whether she should or not, try to step in and change the future. 

My Response: Very suspenseful and even a bit dark. There's some pretty violent stuff happening here. It's a mystery, but one that I liked and was invested in. I sort of saw the end coming, but still, it kept me guessing. 

Bottom Line: I totally enjoyed it! Pretty awesome page turner!

Let's Talk About: So... if you had the power, would you jump into the timeline to change something in the future? What if you saw your own future? Would you do things to change it or would you like what you see and be paranoid that you would accidentally change it? Yeah. It's a crazy thing to think about. And frankly, I'm glad we don't (at least I think most of us don't) have to really answer these questions!


Other Reviews:

If you like a mystery with a bit of paranormal thrown in, give this one a read. At the very least, you’ll be entertained. From Proud Book Nerd

It follows an all-too familiar, much used, and tired cliché that fails to inject a much-needed breath of freshness into the story. From That's What She Read

I love a good mystery, and this certainly was one. From City of Books

If you enjoy watching the main character try to find herself while trying to save the people around her then you’ll enjoy Charlotte’s story. From This Blonde Reads

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one as well (although what is up with the hair mustache in the cover pic? Sigh). I thought the whole Oracle angle was very interesting. I just wish Charlotte hadn't been so isolated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails