Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Crushing Yet Again
The Top Ten Characters I would crush on if I were a fictional character.
Hmmmm.... if I were a fictional character, who would I crush on? I'm thinking the same characters I crush on when I'm not? Wouldn't it be the same? Or... maybe... since I'm "in the book" I wouldn't know stuff that I know as a reader, and that would make it different? Hmmm....
1. Well, I think Roar from the Ever Night series would definitely be one. Probably Perry too, but lately I've been thinking mostly about Roar. Something about that second book.... and I think it's something that would come across even if I, as a character myself, would easily catch. Don't you think?
2. I'm really enjoying Samm from Partials and Fragments. I'm wondering, though, would I catch his charm as a character? Not sure. Do we get a lot of his "emotion" through the narrative? Perhaps. But I still think he would catch my eye.
3. So, right now I'm currently reading about Ed Kennedy again. (I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak) As a fictional character myself, I think I might look at him as the lazy no-good boy he sort of sees himself as. But when we are in his head, in the book, we see a whole different side. But, I'm wanting to believe that I would eventually catch on to that. I would see it soon and then there'd be much crushing going on.
4. I just finished Pivot Point by Kasie West, and I'm quite sure that I would crush on Trevor, because after all, he wears cowboy boots. He is, however, a quarterback, which would probably actually turn me off, but still...there's the boots. And dark curly hair of course.
5. I know I would be a clarinet player in the band, silently crushing on Joe from the Sky is Everywhere (by Jandy Nelson). I know it for sure.
6. Yes, I would notice Perin from the Wheel of Time, if I were in those books! Strong, silent type? Yes!
7. Gilbert! Of course Gilbert. Both as a reader and as a character. And Laurie too. The both of them, always.
8. Cricket always goes on my lists too! Fictional or reader, it doesn't matter! Lucky Lola! :)
9. How about someone from a classical book, not counting all the Austen heroes who are always a given... all of them. But other them those guys, how about.... Heathcliff! Gasp! There I said it! I would SO want to rescue him! I would be scared to death of him, and yet, I would want to rush to his side and fix everything!
10. And finally.... GEN! Dude, what's not to crush on here?
Yeah, so pretty much I crush on the same boys both in and out of the book! Ha, that doesn't even make sense, but I get it.
Do you agree with any of my boys? Who are you listing today? Be sure to link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!