...More Than I Thought I Might
....or something like that.
Yes, so this week's list prompt (check it out and link up over at The Broke and the Bookish) is to list books we didn't like as much as we thought we would OR books we liked MORE than we we thought we would. So, for my list I'm going with the second, though, I want to say that I knew I'd like these books, but I thought they would just be, you know, the normal liking, when in fact, they turned out to be a much more powerful thing, even bordering on loving.
So maybe I can call this list "books I knew I'd like, but it turned out I loved!" OR "books I liked better than normal" OR "books that everyone liked and I figured I would too but then I ended up LOVING them more than everyone else seemed to love them!"
Anyway, the list:
1. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
2. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
4. Finnkin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
5. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
7. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
8. About a Boy by Nick Hornby
9. Room by Emma Donoghue
10. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Yep, so while these books didn't necessarily surprise me, it did surprise me how much I took to them and added them to all my favorite lists immediately! I love it when that happens. Know what I mean?
What's on your list today?