Monday, April 1, 2013

March 2013 Reading Recap

 
It's been a pretty good reading month, March. Most of what I read were "had to reads"... if you know what I mean... not to say I enjoyed them any less. But it's funny to look at my list and realize that. I blame NetGalley.

Here's what I read this month:
 
The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen: Sage (aka. Jaron) is trying to keep his kingdom from going to war and he goes to pretty extreme measures to accomplish it!

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa: It's the future and vampires rule the world. Will Allison succumb to them?

Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson: A retelling of the Bluebeard fairy tale, which means there is some strange things going with this guy who seems so dashing on the surface.

 Fragments by Dan Wells: Kira is trying to figure out the answers that only the company, ParaGen, can help her with. She is off on a cross country trip to get to track them down.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks: The true story of an African American woman who died of cancer in the 50s but her cells live on for cancer (and many other things) research.

The Tale of Lucia Grande by Susan Speranza: A memoir-like novel about the terrible childhood of the title character.

Spellbinding by Maya Gold: Abby discovers she has some strange powers and wonders if it's tied to her ancestors from Salem, Mass. (full review to come this week)

The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne: This Salt Lake City librarian lifts weights to keep his Tourette's in check. (full review to come later this month)

Favorites: I had many! Fragments and The WSL rise to the top followed by The Runaway King and The Immortal Rules. But gosh, I loved The Immortal Life too! Wow, good month indeed!

Plans for April:
  • keeping working on Vanity Fair
  • re-read I Am the Messenger for book club and tweet the experience
  • read The Eternity Cure, sequel to The Immortal Rules
  • read Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham of Gilmore Girls/Parenthood fame!
  • finish Pivot Point
  • read something on my shelf like Everbound, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Poison Study, etc.
Basically, I'm trying to keep my plans for April fairly open!

How's the reading going for you all?




11 comments:

  1. those sound like some good plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome reading month! When are you thinking on starting I AM THE MESSENGER? I can't decide whether to start immediately or wait until closer to book club.

    And I'm jealous about the Lauren Graham book! Did you get it from Netgalley?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica: I started! I'm going to read it slowly... maybe...

      Delete
    2. Jessica: Yes! NetGalley! go get it!

      Delete
    3. I did! I did! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Yay for good reading months! I hope you get to Daughter of Smoke & Bone - loved it!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya: I hope so too! I NEED to read it!

      Delete
  4. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bones. You should read it. The ending will blow you away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did quite a bit this last month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had a great month! I haven't read anything on your list but lots of good recommendations. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails