Sunday, April 28, 2013

Currently: Sad and Glad


C U R R E N T L Y
(written Sunday afternoon)


I am sad that I didn't get to participate in the readathon yesterday, but I am glad that I spent a bunch of time with family: a Japanese festival, shopping, going out to eat, etc.

I am sad that I didn't get to participate in World Book Night this past week, but I'm glad that I can try again for a chance next year! 

I am sad that I didn't find time to go to Writing for Charity yesterday either, but I'm glad that the authors do this event and I will try for next year!

I am sad that Malcolm got voted out of Survivor, but I'm glad Cochran is still there!

I am sad that April is almost over, but I'm glad that June is almost here.

I am sad that school is almost over, but I'm glad that school is almost over......

I am  GLAD I finally got to see Jurassic Park 3D in the theater, but sad I couldn't get more family members to come with.

I am glad that I got Quintana of Charyn, but sad that I haven't had more time to read it and actually concentrate on it.

I am glad that it's getting warmer, but sad that it means stifling heat is just around the corner.

I am glad that I finally had some ideas for blog discussion posts, but I'm sad that I already forgot them all because I never stopped long enough to write them down.

I am glad that we have a Trader Joe's now, but sad that it's still too far away to shop at frequently.

I am glad that no one got hurt today when my son decided to spray pepper spray in the house, but I'm sad that I wasn't here to witness the ensuing excitement!

I am sad that my daughter is going away tomorrow for two months, but I am glad she is going to have an awesome experience studying in Spain!

I am sad that Facetime doesn't work on my Android phone, but I'm glad that it DOES work on the kids' ipods and the husband's ipad!

I am sad that we won't see her (my daughter) for two months, but I'm glad that we get to go pick her up and meet her in Madrid!

Wahoo! Here's to the happy and sad things in life!




3 comments:

  1. Madrid sounds a great place to meet up. Hope you have more happy than sad events this week.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I need more of the "look on the bright side" in my life right now. And awesome for a future trip to Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you did this one!! Each negative balanced with a positive!

    I finally got to see Jurassic Park 3D and LOVED it!!! My first (and probably only!) 3D movie I will probably see.

    I didn't participate in the readathon or WBN, but I hope to in the future as well.

    Two months will fly by, and you will be picking her up before you know it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails