Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Heads Up! It's a BOOK BOMB!

Today we are book bombing local popular and prolific scifi/fantasy author David Farland (aka. Dave Wolverton)! Please join the fun and buy his book today! This VERY today! That's what a book bomb is, you see, when lots of people buy the same book from the same place (Amazon) in order to spike the sales of that book, usually for a good cause.

The cause in this case? This author's young son has been in a terrible long boarding accident (those things should be banned, we've had a run in with them ourselves and it was DANG scary) and while he's expected to pull through (which is a miracle in and of itself) the hospital costs will be astounding. And do you think authors have much medical insurance? Of course not.

So the idea is, we spike the sales of this book today, which causes it to rise in its Amazon rank, which causes more people to buy it later, which in turn, helps out the family. Does this make sense at all? I figure, what's $8.00 to me really and if it turns out it that it truly helps them, why not?

For a much more complete explanation of how book bombs work, click to Dan Wells' blog for today where he explains it all very wonderfully.

The book is called Nightingale  and I've had my eye on it for some time now, so for me this is a no brainer. It's a YA fantasy and I know that many of you love this genre, so why not give it a try!?! Today's the day!

To by the book, Nightingale, using Dave Farland's affiliate Amazon link, click here. 



To learn more about the son, Ben (what happened, how he's doing and the fund raising efforts), click here and here.  It scares me to read this! The familiar saying, "there but for the grace of God go I" totally comes to mind!

Anyway, book bombs are a fun way to participate in the bookish community and to put your money where your mouth is regarding our awesome authors. So, let's do this thing!





2 comments:

  1. I hope for the best for Ben! (> . <)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scary accident. I missed the bomb, though. I guess I could still help, though. So I just read all your posts that I missed. Sounds like you're having fun a reading good books! I really want to read Pivot Point. Soon...hopefully. I can't believe how distracting life has become. ;) I'll see you at book club.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails