Thursday, October 21, 2021

Kdrama Review: My Roommate is a Gumiho

 Drama: My Roommate is a Gumiho

Genre: Fantasy

Starring: Jang Ki Yong, Hyeri, Kang Han Na

Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤


Once again, this one sounded dumb on first appearance but then everyone started hyping it up and I was all, okay. So there must be something cool about it! And then the more I heard, the more I knew I had to watch it. I can't even tell you how many times this has happened. SO MANY!

It's a delightful show where our guy is gumiho... or a nine-tailed fox from Korean folklore. He sucks the energy from people to stay alive and to progress toward the day when he can maybe become human. He's almost there when he meets our girl. 

It so happens that gumihos have this bead thing inside them that is a very important part of their souls. And when these two characters literally bump into each other... out pops his bead, and she swallows it. This is not a good. It creates some distressful things for her, and for him... well.. he just needs it back. 

He tells her he doesn't know how to get it back, but of course he does. He just wants her around a big longer, so he tells her he needs time to figure it out. In the meantime, maybe she should move in with him so he can protect her during this distressful time.

AH.. it sounds so silly in the summary of it.. .but it's so dang cute!! He's so... so.... completely... serious and sober and she is so fun and happy go lucky... and he is stricken with that! And soon, she also becomes taken with him. It's an absolutely lovely romance.


So adorable. The both of them!


Well, of course, all sorts of things get in the way of them figuring this all out and how he needs to become human and all. But of course, they must figure out a way!

Sigh. It's seriously the best. 

Here's a great look at what it's like:


And a song:


2 comments:

  1. I like the Gumiho legend and everything, so I watched your highlight video. It looks so silly. Every time that girl screamed, I was laughed. I think I'd have to be in silly mood to watch this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah the screaming parts are meant to be funny in this one. She freaks herself out after she learns what he is and imagines all sorts of funny scenarios. It's definitely a romantic comedy all around. There's another one about a gumiho that I recently watched which is a little more serious... and creepy... Tale of the Nine-tailed it's called. You can look my post for it's teaser trailer too if you want to compare!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails