Saturday, November 30, 2019

Book Review: Pride by Ibi Zoboi

Book: Pride by Ibi Zoboi
Genre: YA contemporary romance
Rating: ★ ★ ★ 

This is a fun retelling of Pride and Prejudice with a few changes. It's modern day and takes place in inner city New York with a cast of all black people. 

So basically you know the story! I really enjoyed it! The characters were a lot of fun and I had no trouble picturing them and this setting. I loved seeing how she managed to change up the story just a bit to fit a modern setting. It was fun anticipating the next event but still not really knowing how it would go down. 

There were a lot of references to this culture that went over my head... and some of them I would have liked have explained to me a little, just so I could go away from this reading with a little more knowledge about it but they were just thrown in here and there and I didn't know what was being talked about... so I went a way not learning. That was a little frustrating to me. But the only complaint I have really.

Because bottom line, it was really well written and I was totally engaged through the whole thing. So yeah, a really fun retelling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails