Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Movie Review: Edge of Tomorrow

Movie: Edge of Tomorrow
Genre: Action Adventure
Starring: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt
Rating: PG 13
My Rating: Two thumbs up

This is an awesome fun summer action movie! People have been saying it looks like every other Tom Cruise movie, well, and it sort of is, but still... if you want action adventure, isn't Tom Cruise your man? (I've said it before and I'll say it again, maybe he's a bit crazy in his personal life, but I still find him very fun to watch at the movies, you know?)

A little story synopsis: the world has been taken over by aliens... well, most of mainland Europe anyway. And England is next which is why everyone is gathering there to launch a full scale attack on the aliens and end this thing once and for all. They have created a sort of weapon that you wear and this one girl (Emily Blunt's character) was able to win a recent battle using this weapon. Everyone thinks it's possible that they can finally defeat the aliens.

Yeah, right.

So Tom Cruise's character, he's like an officer dude, and he is there just to say... Way to go guys! You've got this thing! But then suddenly, they handcuff him and demote him and he's now a private and expected to head to the war the next day. And he has no idea how to make those weapon things work! (I forget now why they demoted him... a bit confusing that part!)

And then the movie starts to be like ground hog day where he lives this day over and over and over again. And he learns things and he figures stuff out and in the process maybe, just maybe, they truly MIGHT have a chance to beat them after all!

It's crazy stuff I tell you. And quite violent, so beware. But it's great, the stuff that he can make happen every "new" day. And the end...so intense. Well, the whole movie is intense. And you know how I love the intense movies!

And of course, go see it at the Imax in 3D. Just do it!

Here's the trailer:



Oh, and P.S. If you are a Robin Hood fan, keep your eye out for Jonas Armstrong! I was like... that guy looks so familiar! But didn't realize who it was until afterwards!

4 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds like a great summer movie, but I just can't watch Tom Cruise any more. He's done so much nutty stuff that it's too distracting and I can't enjoy the movie. Too bad, because I love the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri: so many people feel that way, but I guess it doesn't bother me. I can separate the movie him from the other him.

      Delete
  2. Robin Hood! Yes, I am looking up times right now. I heard this one was good, but you just sold me with the PS. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen: Awesome! You'll see him for sure now that I've given you the heads up! :) Let me know how it goes!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails