Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want to Read at Book Club



A fun prompt from The Broke and the Bookish today! And an easy one for me to do! Here are some books I'm dying to read and they are all books that I think would make great book club books. So, take note my book clubbers! What do you think? (We'll be figuring out our new schedule in March, so we can start thinking about this now, yes?)

Books I'd Like to Read with Book Club

1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
2. The Light Between Oceans by Margot Steadman
3. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
4. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
6. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
7. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
8. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
9. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
10. The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Am I right? Have you read these books? Would they make for good discussions at book club? Which one (or two) should I push the hardest?


13 comments:

  1. Yes! I think Bernadette and Life After Life would make excellent book club picks too (those are the only 2 I read from the list).

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh yeah, besides All the Light We Cannot See, I haven't heard of the rest of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: I should have done covers, then you'd recognize a bunch of them I bet.

      Delete
  4. I've only heard of The Rosie Project on your list! Wow. I must be out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: These are some awesome books and here's hoping we read some!

      Delete
  5. This has been my favorite Top Ten Tuesday prompt so far. It’s fascinating seeing all the books people think would be great book club reads.

    I’ve heard of three of these books on your list, but the rest are new to me. Wonder has been on my ever growing pile of books I want to read some day list for a while.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy: I think Wonder will be coming up soon for me, so I'll probably not push it for a book club read.

      Delete
  6. I loved Where'd You Go, Bernadette. It would make a great book club discussion book. Wonder is on my to-read-soon list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd go for All the Light We Cannot See. I'd like to read that in my book club too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My book club has read 2, 4, and 5 and they all made for great discussion. The Secret History would make a good choice except that it could have been 100 pages shorter. We're going to read All The Light We Cannot See in May; can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails