Friday, January 16, 2015

Mini Bloggiesta Mini Challenge: Yet Another Pinterest Project


Welcome to Bloggiesta! The mini version! Starting tomorrow, participants will be working on their blogs all weekend, accomplishing blogging tasks and trying out some fun mini challenges. If you are interested, sign up here! And if you can't this time, but think it's a possibility for later, stay tuned for our first ever week long Bloggiesta coming up March 23 through 29. Mark you calendars now. It'll be epic!

So I decided to do a little mini challenge this go around. And yes, I know, there have already been a couple of mini challenges dealing with Pinterest in the past. The first one, from Joy at Joy's Book Blog, was a basic tutorial on how to use Pinterest and just getting started from the bottom up. This was back when Pinterest was the new coolest thing! So if you yet to jump on the bandwagon and are totally new to it, check out her tutorial first.

The other Pinterest challenge we've had was from Wesley at Library Educated where she explored ideas on how to use Pinterest to promote your book blog. She shared all the fun bookish boards she's created and had lots of great ideas.

My challenge is very specific and deals with just one board that you may have created or would like to create. This board should be called Books I've Read (insert year here.) And then you pin all your reviews to the books you've read that year to that board. This is a task I do every Bloggiesta and every time without fail people will say, "Oh, I should do that!" or "Oh, I never thought of using Pinterest that way!"

So now I challenge you to create your "books read" board on Pinterest if you don't have one already and then pin your reviews to that board. Joy's post linked above should help you with pinning if you aren't savvy at that yet but basically open the post that has that review on it. And then you click on the picture of the cover of the book (because you always include that in your reviews, right?) and pin it! (Hoover over it and a pin icon might appear, or right click and see if it's there, or using the pin gadget you may have downloaded and is on your tool bar, or, if all else false, copy and paste the URL manually into Pinterest.) If you are in the actually post, then if someone else pins that pin from Pinterest, it will lead them back to your actual review. Get it? (Here's a link to my 2014 board so you'll see what I'm talking about.)

Start a new board for 2015 and I bet there's just a few books you've reviewed so far for this year that will need pinning, so it'll be easy! If you are feeling ambitious create one for 2014 books and pin all the reviews from last year. Or, just get caught up...as is my plan.

To sum up your challenge:
1. Join Pinterest if you aren't on there already!
2. Create a board for books you've read this year, 2015.
3. Pin the covers of the books you've read, making sure you link back to your review.
4. Do one for 2014 too if you are feeling ambitious (or catch up if you already have such a board!)
5. FOLLOW ME THERE! :)

Have fun and enjoy!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this challenge. Come back and report your successes!




20 comments:

  1. Cool beans. I'm afraid of this challenge. So many back logging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: Just start fresh. With the new year. :)

      Delete
  2. Cool idea... I will being this though out the weekend or even this up coming week.. I need to do all of them from 20112 to 2015. It will be a while. I am working on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what's going on, but my comments seem to be disappearing into cyberspace! Giving it another try:

    This is a great challenge! I started a books read board for 2014 but after a while kind of forgot about it (plus I sort of stopped posting on my blog for a while there last year, which didn't really help any). I'll definitely be fulfilling this mini-challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle: I keep hearing about this comment issue. What can I do to fix it? I'm baffled. Anyway, good luck with the challenge!

      Delete
  4. This looks like a really fun challenge. I am a Pinterest Maniac so I think this will be a good fit for me. I have a lot to go back and do eventually, but starting it fresh with 2015 books will be fun and a great way for me to attempt to keep up with my TBR pile. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already do this. It's such an easy thing to do too, especially if you already have the Pinterest extension on your browser or the plug-in on your website. Have fun this weekend and good luck to everyone on this mini-challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle: Do you manage to keep up pretty well? I always get behind. But it's not hard to catch up. yay! and easy challenge!

      Delete
    2. The best part about it is that it takes less than a minute to catch up, which I manage to do during the weekends if not each week night.

      Delete
  6. This is excellent, one of my bloggiesta goals was to update my pinterest boards, and this will be an excellent complement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm a little too addicted to Pinterest. I made a "Bloggiesta Wisdom" Pinterest Board linking all the challenges and interesting posts I'm finding, as well as a Children's 2015 Book Reviews Board.

    Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta: Pinterest is a blast, that's for sure!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I really like Lisa's idea for a Pinterest board TBR list. So many great ideas from Bloggiesta!

      Delete
  8. I really need to get better about using Pinterest in general. I've been meaning to get lists put of books read on my blog. Not sure I'll get to it this weekend but when I do, I'll add it to Pinterest, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: I go in spurts where Pinterest is concerned. But when I'm spurting, I'm loving it! :)

      Delete
  9. I already have a 'Review' board on Pinterest, and I'm pretty good about linking my reviews. If I ever get behind, it is one of the first things on my Bloggiesta list to catch up on. I don't separate them by years, though. Maybe I should, but so far haven't felt the need. But with the new 'move pin' system in play at Pinterest, it shouldn't be that hard if I ever decide I need separate boards.
    https://www.pinterest.com/time2read2/reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm late, but this is a great challenge! I just got back into Pinterest this past week, so I decided to do this. Although I'm doing it a bit differently, since most of the reviews going up on my blog this year so far are books I read last year. Instead I'm just doing my blog posts by year, which is essentially books reviewed plus some movies. :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails