Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Books I Wanted to Read!


So, in actuality, there are SO MANY 2014 books that I wanted to read but didn't get to that I had no idea where to start, so I started with Goodreads lists. That helped a lot, and here's a short ten book list that came from that.

Ten Books from 2014 I Meant to Read

1. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
2. The Storified Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zavin
3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4. A Slow Regard for Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
5. The Martian by Andy Weir
6. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelsen
7. Cress by Marissa Meyer
8. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
9. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
10 The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Well, actually some of these I didn't know about until the world started buzzing about them and NOW I want to read them. Good thing we have a whole new year, and lifetime, to get to them!

What would you put on your list? Be sure to link up over at The Broke and the Bookish!

24 comments:

  1. The Martian would probably be on my list too. I've been meaning to read it forever. I hope you're able to get to some of these this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vasilly: Me too me too! Keeping fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Landline! That book gave me a lot to think about. I'll Give You the Sun is on my list, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read a lot of those as well. So many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! I thought you had read Ignite Me? Shows what I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: Gah! No! I'm dying too! I read the middle one Unravel Me and it killed me! Ignite Me is very high on my immediate list.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Kelly: That's what everyone says! I'm a little worried because it sounds very science-y which sometimes gets lost on me, but we'll see.

      Delete
  6. Loved Landline. Cress is awesome too - I swear I have loved each successive book in that series more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy: It seems like many feel that way about the Marissa Meyer's books. So cool!

      Delete
  7. Landline and i'll Give You The Sun made my list too. :) All The Light We Cannot See didn't II already had a super long list), but it's also one I'd wanted to read last year. And The Young Elites….And Cress…and Ignite Me….But I haven't read the previous books in those last two. Oh, and These Broken Stars. I wanted to read that one too. :( *sigh*

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have "All The Light We Cannot See" waiting for me. My daughter says it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley: I've heard so many things about this book suddenly!

      Delete
  9. Now if we just made a point to read those ten books in the next year, we might be able to get to the best of the books we want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many titles on your list I wanted to read in 2014 too! But I did read The Martian, and I really hope you're able to get to it this year. It was probably one of my favourite books of the year. Mind you, I didn't get around to reading that many books. But I did love that one, even though I was unsure of it when I first picked it up (it's not the kind of book I normally would read, the whole man against nature thing, but the reviews were so good ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle: The Martian sounds like such a unique book. I'm curious as to what I'll think of it.

      Delete
  11. Good list. I'd love to read all of those ... someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Jenni here. So many of these look good and I hope to read them at some point! So little time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tif: It's frustrating sometimes, huh? We can do it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails