Sunday, September 9, 2012

Random Life Update

Hey everyone! It seems like it's been awhile since I listed my random life happening thoughts. Right? Has it? Well, I think so anyway, so here's a little report for you, because I know you've been wondering.

** First of all, we had a wonderful fun time at my house on Friday night watching the whole of the Colin Firth/BBC production of Pride and Prejudice. It was a special book club event which started when we realized that Jenni Elyse, who read P and P for the first time this summer, had never seen the movie either. So, several of us got together and watched the whole thing together, while eating "p" treats (popcorn, peanut m and m's, pumpkin pie, pears, pineapple and... pizza of course!) It was great fun, and something that I've actually been wanting to do for a long long time, so I had blast finally making it happen. Last summer we did the same thing with Middlemarch. Do I see a tradition starting?

** Last week the family escaped to our annual mountain retreat. One day it rained, and one day it was nice and sunny. And oh so cool.... in fact I would even say cold! But, I love it up there. I shared pictures on Instagram, but for those of you who missed that, here's a couple:





** There's so much bookish stuff going on both IRL and online these next two months that I may just think I've died and gone to heaven! Here's to BBAW, Bloggiesta, RIP, Banned Books, Orem Reads, many author appearances, book launches and book club! I love you all! :)

** Movies and TV: I watched a few episodes of Teen Wolf, and that's lots of fun. I've watched a few episodes of Buffy season three, and that's lots of fun. I watched RED last night, (that latest Bruce Willis movie) and I was too tired to get the plot. I watched all of Falling Skies this summer and that's lots of fun. I can't wait for Vampire Diaries to start up again. Hmmm... I guess that's about it on that front. Boring. What new shows this fall should I add to my watch list? Anything?

** I finished the curtains for my bedroom last week... to go with the new carpet. Now all we need is to get some furniture! :)

** I made some bookish tshirts with my sister and daughter yesterday. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and it was fun to finally actually do it.


** I made a dinner today with my daughter for a school project,  using only foods that the old world had, before Columbus came to the new world and introduced new foods to the old world. Did that even make sense? Anyway, we realized that we wouldn't be happy without catsup (tomatoes are from the new world) or Ranch dressing (which has sugar which was banned from our ingredient list!)

** Oh, and here's  a couple of new books I bought! I hope to even read them!


** Okay, I know there was more I wanted to report on because there's been a TON of stuff happening around here, but I forgot them all. What is new with you all?


5 comments:

  1. Thanks again for hosting the P&P night! It was a blast and such a great turnout!

    That's a beautiful camping spot. I'm curious where it is now.

    Love the T-shirts!

    And as for TV...It's about to get a whole lot crazier am I right? Um, if you're wondering what's next might I remind you of Supernatural? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find your best books featured product deals, books discounts, books coupons and much more with great savings only on dealaboo.com, discounts on books item is not so much common in the world of online shopping but here on dealaboo.com you can get best books coupons & discounts with great savings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a re-viewing of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice a few months back. It had been a long time since we watched it and we enjoyed it every bit as much as we have the other times we've seen it. I like the Kiera Knightley version very much too. There are parts of each which, if married together, would make the perfect adaptation. Still, each is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank you for hosting P&P night! It was a lot of fun.

    And I can't wait to see what you think of EDENBROOKE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the bbc production of p&p! I love it so much that I couldn't bear to watch the movie, I complained the whole way through, it just wasn't the same!
    Joanna @ www.createyourworld.me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails