Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Meeting Bookish Sorts


I could make a list a mile long from the prompt today from The Broke and the Bookish, which asks this question.... what bookish people do we want to meet. Just ten? Really? Okay, fine.

Top Ten Bookish People I Want to Meet

Authors
(I don't think anyone will be surprised by this list... they end up on pretty much every author list we have here.)


1. Markus Zusak... again.... of course.

2. John Green, puff and all.
3. Neal Shusterman.... he came once, but I couldn't go
4. Melina Marchetta... if MZ can come all the way from Australia... so can she!
5. Robin McKinley.... I think she would be fascinating to listen to.


Bloggers
(There's so many I want to meet, BUT, let start with these ones!)

6. Deanna from Polishing Mud Balls
7. Kelly from The Written World
8. Danielle from There's a Book
9. Trish from Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity
10. Gayle from Texas!

And you know... I just think it might happen some day, with the bloggers anyway. With the authors, even they might be possible! Never say never, 'cause I said that once, and then, it happened.

Who do YOU want to meet?

17 comments:

  1. I really want Maria V. Snyder to come to our library! I would love to meet Markus Zusak again. He was so fun and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to meet Robin McKinley! And I wouldn't mind meeting you. I like a lot of the books you review and recommend. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaye: Now I'm hoping our paths cross sometime for sure!

      Delete
  3. Great list you've got here. I did a slightly different twist to mine. It's fun to see who everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I would love to meet Melina, Robin and Neal too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, next time I'm in the valley we'll meet up...for ice cream! I tried several times with Natasha years ago but could never get MY act together. Mostly because they're usually just quick/short trips.

    And yes, I'm shocked you didn't find a way to add Josh Groban to your list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your list and I agree with you abvout Markus Zusak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, nice choices. I'm thinking I would like to go to Australia because there are plenty of authors from there I would like to meet!

    ~L (omphalosksepsis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L: You should come to Australia with Jenny and I! :) For that trip we'll take some day!

      Delete
  8. You're sure Josh Groban hasn't written an autobiography so that you could add him to the list?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Oh my word, if he'd written one, I'd be all over it! You would have probably heard about it for months before and after the reading! :) But you know, I'd just love to know if he reads stuff. How shall I go about finding that out? Hmmm....

      Delete
  9. I keep meaning to join in on this meme. I even started a draft of this list and then I forgot to finish and post it!

    I think I could have named your authors on the list without looking. :) And I have a whole list of bloggers I want to meet too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails