Monday, September 3, 2012

RIP VII Begins!


It's started! Carl's (from Stainless Steel Droppings)  seventh annual RIP reading "challenge." That's where during the months of September and October we all read "spooky" sorts of books. Books, as Carl says, that fall into categories like:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

For all the details and to sign up, click on over!!


As for me, I'd like to read at least four books during these two months that fit this category. The problem is, I'm not sure which books yet! I think at least:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
UnWholly by Neal Shusterman


and The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, which is a group read hosted over at The Estella Society.

What else should I read? Is there something you want to read that I should be reading with you?

(as I figure out my list, I will add them here.)


And as always, I'd love to watch a good old spooky movie! Suggestions?

Anyway, I hope you join in the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for R.I.P.! I'm reading NORTHANGER ABBEY for sure, but I'm not positive what else I'll get to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Peregrine is great, and so perfect for R.I.P. Glad you are joining us for The Little Stranger. I'm 100 pages in and am loving it thus far. It is setting the perfect mood for this time of year. So glad Heather and Andi asked to do this as I've wanted to read this for awhile.

    Thank you so much for being a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get signed up for this one! I finally did it last year and loved it!! But oh, what to read?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo signed up for RIP!!! I am very excited about it!!!!!! Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails