Sunday, September 9, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Book: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Genre: YA Dystopian
Rating:★★★★★
For: Fun
From: Borrowed from work friend

When I finished Delirium, the first book in this series, I couldn't believe how it ended! What a way to make a person crazy! I've been really looking forward to this book, and I know I know, it's been out awhile now, but I finally managed to get to it when I could really savor it!

Now be warned, what follows could be quite spoilery for the first book, so take care!

This book jumps back and forth between "now and "then." Then, is actually back when we left Lena at the end of the first book, when she has just arrived at The Wilds. So it's during those sections that we get to see what happens to her and how she is dealing with some pretty heavy loss.

The "now," is six months later when she has come back to the city to basically spy for those sympathizing with Invalids in The Wilds. In the process, she gets mixed up in a pretty hairy event and ends up underground for most of the book, trapped with the son of the president of the new country, and running for her life. Oh, boy. This is pretty tricky stuff!

Then, it's one thing after another, not knowing who is friend or foe. This section, the now, is very page turning and crazy and wild. When we go back in time to the previous months, the story is quite emotional and sad with all that they have to deal with. So we get whipped back and forth between heart pounding and heart wrenching! Whew, quite the ride.

It's true. I really got into it and read it in nearly one day. And then... AND THEN... it ended on another crazy cliff hanger, and while I pretty much knew this one was coming, still... it ended! And now we wait some more.

Bottom line: I loved it.

Other Reviews:

Rhapsody in Books
Book Journey
Book Nerd Reviews
Page Girl's Page


3 comments:

  1. I haven't even read the first one yet but I've heard so much about these cliffhangers, I think I want to wait till they're all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book made me mad! The whole book was setting up a love triangle. grrrr! I was sad cause I loved Delirium so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I listened to the audiobook, and really didn't like it. Like Kami said, I didn't like that the entire book was a set up for a love triangle that I saw coming from the moment the new character was introduced. I'm glad that you enjoyed it though. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails