Friday, September 28, 2012

Bloggiesta To Do List


September 28-30, 2012
@Bloggiesta
#Bloggiesta

Once upon a time, several years ago, Natasha from Maw Books thought, hey, I'd like to spend some time working my blog! I wonder if anyone wants to do it with me? And you know.. .there were LOTS of people who wanted to and thus... Bloggiesta was born! (Natasha has been taking a blogging break of late, but we still hold out hope she'll be back some day!)

Yes, it's party where we spend all weekend working on our blogs! And commenting and tweeting with other participants doing the same thing, learning from and encouraging each other. How fun is that?

And what are my plans? This weekend, I hope to accomplish some stuff from this list:

1. Print blog posts (see my mini challenge on this here.)
2. Clean up email (for some reason I have a problem deleting. Must fix that!)
3. Update blog roll (I need to add some of you on there!)
4. Update link lists (reviews by author, title, local, books read, etc.)
5. Clean up label lists (what stays, what goes)
6. Not sure I dare to do drop down menus, but maybe I'll look into it!
7. Write and/or think up some discussion posts
8. Do some challenges, lots and lots of challenges!
      I got a POCKET! 
      I graded my blog... I got an 89. Not bad, eh?
      I made a calendar.

9. Add books reviewed to Pinterest (and maybe play with Pinterest boards, that counts, right?)
10. Conduct a reader survey! (It's been years, so I can do it again, right?) Update! Survey is now up here... go and answer questions for me!!
11. Finally, comment a ton and make friends!

Yeah, I don't plan to do anything big this go around, just some cleaning up clutter and such.

Be sure to link up your To Do Lists at the starting line up post over at Danielle's from There's a Book.
And here's the link to all the new mini challenges.
Also, don't forget the Twitter parties!

And as always, I have music for you!!!


And if you don't like THAT kind of FIESTA music, how about:

 

Have a great Bloggiesta to you all! Blog your hearts out!

18 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and Danielle took Bloggiesta over - I love these weekends and always feel so energized about blogging after participating in them!

    I am planning on looking into drop-down menus as well. I have no idea where to start with it - so if you have any tips on how-to, I'd appreciate them!

    Hope you have a productive weekend!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a fun weekend and crossing things off my list! I forgot that my To Do list always grows after seeing what everyone else has planned, but have already added a few! Here's to having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is only my second bloggiesta but I loved last time and I am sure I will love it this time. I get ideas for my blog and always feel rejuvenated about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to bloggiesta together once more :) Hope you will get lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have participated in a few Bloggiestas...and each time, I learn something new and add more items to the original to-do list.

    Thanks for hosting with Danielle!

    Here's MY BLOGGIESTA STARTING LINE POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic goals, Suey! I look forward to seeing what you end up doing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm participating for the first time and loving it! Good luck with your list - I need to do labelling and such too but don't know how much admin I'll be doing when there are so many cool blogs to visit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck!! :) I actually managed to clean up my label list this morning so I can cross that one out. I hope you'll achieve your goals this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your list! I am slowly getting going. My first task took longer than expected but it's finally done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the QUEEN of folders in my email inbox. I have folders for personal, reviews, COMPLETED reviews, NetGalley, etc. I love it! That way my Inbox looks remotely clean most of the time.

    And yay for drop downs! I did that earlier this year and LOVE it!

    Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO bad about deleting too. I keep folders and file everything away, I can't stand anything in the main folder...but then when I'm done with whatever it is, I always forget to delete it. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am getting a late start this weekend but hope to get a few things accomplished. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dang, I forgot about my labels! I tried doing this in one Bloggiesta last time and it is a major projects. Definitely need to get back to it. I can see that I'll be adding things to my to-do list faster than I can cross them off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad I found out about Pocket. It makes blogging so much easier :D Great list, good luck!

    My bloggiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 89 is great!! I'm at 77. Mostly because I don't have a facebook...nor do I want one. The personal fb account is enough for me.

    Pocket huh? Hmmm.

    And LOVE that Zumba mix. Thinking I need to put on something more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I printed out my travel blog when I went to Europe but I never thought about printing my book blog! I must ponder this idea :) 89 is an awesome score! The mini-challenges were very awesome this year. Hope you get all those link lists updated - that can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I dunno, I think your list is plenty big! And you're getting alot done. Yay for you! I'm procrastinating by blog hopping and commenting. But that's good too, right?!

    Maria @novalibrarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for helping to continue Bloggiesta! I love it :)
    Great job on your list so far, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails