Booking Through Thursday
Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.
Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.
So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?
This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
Well, I answered the book part of this question last Sunday for my Sunday Salon. Click here if you missed it. However, it will be easy to elaborate to other things I'm thankful for:
I'm thankful for:
- chocolate, of course
- Ibuprofen and anitbiotics
- the computer and all the amazing things you can do with it
- animals and their unconditional love
- warm quilts and soft sweatshirts
- food of all kinds
- the opportunity to travel and see several differnent bits of this the coolest world
- the potential and hope to travel and see several more different bits of it
- music! All kinds!
- the dishwasher and the washing machine
- having bananas even in the middle of the desert!
- being with family, doing silly things like screaming down Splash Mountain, or getting lost on a geocaching adventure, or eating too much ice cream together, or just going to a movie.
Just seven? Really? I went over. Oh, well. I think I could go on and on, but I'll stop now.
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating! Have a wonderful day!