Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Sunday Salon: What We're Reading at our House


What I'm reading today:

This morning I wrapped up Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale. Stinkin' cute book that is. And my first graphic novel! Yeah. Very fun.

Then it's more Man and Wife by (Wilkie Collins) for me. I'm halfway done. I need to get it finished for the Classic's Challenge and also the TBR. I have tons of Wilkie Collins stacked up ready to read, so there'll probably be at least one of his books every year n my TBR Challenge list. Great stuff though.

Every time I say or hear that title in my head, Princess Bride comes to mind and this is why:






What the family is reading:

The Mr: Blink by Malcolm Gladwell (this is for my f2f this month and sometimes he steals my book and reads it before me! Hopefully I get to it this week too.)

Bud: Dreams from my Father by Barack Obama (this book has been added to my toppling TBR)

JJ: The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne (we watched the first half of the PBS version of this last night. Strange show. But hopefully it will help JJ understand the book a bit better.)

Moder: not sure what he's reading at the moment. It could be The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau (now if I could just find the 2nd book, I could finish that one)

Toto: The Song of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville (2nd of the In the Land of the Unicorn series)

2 comments:

  1. I wish JJ good luck with The Scarlet Letter. I forced myself to wade through it back in high school, and it nearly drove me around the bend. I've always liked everything else I've read by Hawthorne. I think TSL must have been written by his evil twin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rapunzel's Revenge is a Stinking Cute Book. Well said. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails