1. One of my favorite things about books is their smell, both old and new books. And have you ever noticed they all have a unique one? But now and then I'll happen upon one that's kind of stinky.
2. I hate it when a book gets all beat up, yet at the same time, the look of well-worn, well-loved book is quite pleasing too.
3. When I was a kid, I loved to play library. I set up a counter in the doorway of my room and made my brothers come check out books.
4. Another thing we loved to play was Boxcar Children. Oh, we had a blast with that one!
5. Remember the scene in Sabrina (the Harrison Ford movie) where you see Sabrina's dad's apartment? And there are books stacked everywhere? I loved that! And my room is starting to look a little like it!
6. I used to hide the fact that I loved reading and books. I'm glad to not be doing that anymore!
7. I wish I would have kept a book journal starting way back in elementary school. I would LOVE to be able to look over that and remember. Oh, well.
So there you go.... until next time.....