Tuesday, November 1, 2016

September and October 2016 Reading Recap


Bryce Canyon was beautiful for fall break.
Look at that sky!
And the silhouette of the unknown hiker is even cool!


Since my reading has suffered so much, I've taken to recapping only every other month and this month, we're on. So here's what I've read:

Hinges of Broams Eld by Jennifer Cano: A girl learns she is a key part of fairy world and has to find the cure for the Blight.

Still Alice by Lisa Genova: We get to experience the progress of Alzheimer's through the eyes of this character.

The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain: The conclusion of this awesome series about Hades and the underworld.

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: The classic story about a guy who creates life and then regrets it like nobody's business leaving the monster to fend for himself.

Demian by Hermann Hesse: There's a dude who is struggling in life with all sorts of things and he finds friends who help him. Or do they? (Review to come soon! Beware!)

So, I'm reading but at a slow slow pace. It's my new normal I suppose. My favorite from these two moths is The Immortal Throne for sure. The others were just, you know, okay. Or weird. Or both.

Plans for November:

  • I've just barely started Gemina, the sequel to Illuminae. So excited. I know I've got this one!
  • Read All the Light We Cannot See for book club. 
  • After that I don't know. I need a really good love story. Suggestions? Anyone?

How's your reading going? 



4 comments:

  1. Not bad at all! What? Frankenstein wasn't your fave?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good. Slow is better than stopping. :-)
    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture! I need to start Bree's series. Too many books to read! My reading has been suffering because I've been cross stitching in my free time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read more than I did by one book. :) I guess we'll find our reading groove again someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails