Friday, November 22, 2013

Movie Review: Catching Fire

Movie: Catching Fire
Genre: Drama/Fantasy
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson
Rating: PG13
My Rating: two thumbs up

I'm pretty sure you all know what this movie is about, right? You've all read the books? If not, you've seen the first movie and know this is a follow up? If not, it is basically the aftermath of what happens once Katniss and Peeta win The Hunger Games, how they deal with things, and how they find themselves in yet another Hunger Games. It is so not fair!

The movie was awesome. They did a wonderful job. I had forgotten much about the book, so it was fun going into it not prepared for or expecting much of anything. Anyway, here's what I loved about it:
  • the first movie was intense, but I think the intensity was even more revved up for this one
  • the characters and the casting for those characters was awesome. Still not too sure about Josh Hutcherson for Peeta though. He's not at ALL how I pictured him, so yeah. Not so sure about him. But Finnick was perfect, as were all the other new people introduced. Primm's character seemed so grown up for this movie. 
  • lots of kisses, for both boys! Loved that. 
  • lots of tender moments. I didn't end up crying much, but felt teary during at least five moments. For me, those moments mostly happened when we see the downtrodden districts and how they have so much hope in Katniss.
  • The stuff in the new arena was terrible awesome! Wow! 
  • As was President Snow!
  • The cliffhanger ending was kept just like I remembered it in the book. That, I did remember. Ugh! The wait for the next one will be hard!

Have you seen it yet? What did you enjoy? Or not?

Here's the trailer if you've been hiding under a rock:


8 comments:

  1. I'm still not sold on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta either....he just isn't BIG enough! Oh well! I'm still looking forward to seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing it tonight and I agree. He isn't who I pictured as Peeta. I am so excited to see this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great! I had my reservations about Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but I found myself really liking him in this movie. I thought he did Peeta so well. I was very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review Suey. Not as good as the first, but still tense and epic in its own right. Something tells me this next installment is really going to kick it all up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was sooo good! Finnick was perfect. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to see this movie. I am going to try to sneak in a matinee next week when the kids are at school. I just can't wait any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's what I thought, intense and horribly awesome. I cried at one part.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails