Thursday, April 5, 2007

Booking Through Thursday: The Bible

Booking Through Thursday


  1. Just out of curiosity, as we enter into Passover and Easter season... have you ever read the Bible? Just the odd chapter or Psalm? The whole thing? (Or, almost the whole thing? It's some heavy reading, of course, and those "begats" get kind of tedious.) Yes, I've read much of it, mostly the New Testament, which I especially enjoy, but many chapters of the Old also. That Old Testament sure has some fascinating stories!
  2. If so, was it from religious motivation or from a literary perspective? Stuck with nothing else to read in a hotel room the Gideon's have visited? Any combination? Religious motivation, Sunday School assignments and discussions, just for fun every now and then, and since I went to a church college, I had several classes on The Bible.

  3. If not, why not? Against your religious principles? Too boring? Just not interested? Something you're planning on taking care of when you get marooned on a desert island?

  4. And while we're on the subject... what about the other great religious works out there? Are they more to your liking? The Book of Mormon mostly, which I've read much of. :)The others, I haven't had much experience with.

1 comment:

  1. I tried a few times reading the Bible, but I never got very far. I think I needed a better plan than to just open to Genesis and start reading!!

    I did buy some study guides and a new Women's Devotional Bible. I did make it through the Gospels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails