Over at The Broke and the Bookish today, they are asking "What ten books do you wish you had read as a kid?" Since I can't really come up with a list for this particular question... I'm changing it up just a bit to ask:
"What ten books do you wish were AROUND for you to read when you were a kid?"
In other words, books that came to be after I was an adult that I would have loved to read as a kid. Get it?
1. Harry Potter and all its sequels, which pretty much goes without saying.
2. The Percy Jackson series. I've read the first two now and liked them okay, but I think as a kid I would have LOVED them.
3. Same goes for the Fablehaven series
4. The Unfortunate Event series
5. The Dear America books
6. Andrew Clements books
7. The Queen's Thief series
8. Gail Carson Levine books
9. Twilight, when I was 15 or so. Wow. Would I have loved that or what?
10. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke and series
Hmmm... that sort of turned into an author/series list instead of a book one. I guess that works though!
What books would you put on this list?