Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: A Kid's Wishlist


Over at The Broke and the Bookish today, they are asking "What ten books do you wish you had read as a kid?" Since I can't really come up with a list for this particular question... I'm changing it up just a bit to ask:

"What ten books do you wish were AROUND for you to read when you were a kid?"

In other words, books that came to be after I was an adult that I would have loved to read as a kid. Get it?

1. Harry Potter and all its sequels, which pretty much goes without saying.
2. The Percy Jackson series. I've read the first two now and liked them okay, but I think as a kid I would have LOVED them.
3. Same goes for the Fablehaven series
4. The Unfortunate Event series
5. The Dear America books
6. Andrew Clements books
7. The Queen's Thief series
8. Gail Carson Levine books
9. Twilight, when I was 15 or so. Wow. Would I have loved that or what?
10. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke and series

Hmmm... that sort of turned into an author/series list instead of a book one. I guess that works though!

What books would you put on this list?

8 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I love your twist on this week's topic! (Percy Jackson was one new series that made it on my own list because I wish it had been around for my younger self.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter made my list as well. I loved them, but to read them as a child just adds something completely different I think.

    And yes! Percy Jackson. I didn't really love the series, but I think as a kid I'd be the same as you...in love!

    Great choices and I like the series twist too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think of the Unfortunate Events series. That would've been a good one to read as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love series like Harry Potter and Twilight because I got a chance to grow up with the characters. I was about 11 when the first Harry Potter book was released, and so I grew as the characters did. I had my first crush at about the same time Harry did, and it's nice for a kid to feel a connection like that -- like you're not alone in your teenage awkwardness. Nice twist on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine? The same as yours! Especially the Harry Potter Series and even though I haven't read them, (my kids have) the Unfortunate Event series. I think I will still get around to those some day. Goodness knows we own all of them. Back when I was a child--late 60's and 70's there just weren't lots of series out for kids--I think it is a fairly new phenomenon in the publishing world. The only series I really remember with lots of books in it, was the Little House Series.
    Great question today and great answer!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on Inkheart. I love those books, but I know they would have meant more to me as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! There are so many books I wish were out when I was a kid... I didn't like young adult books when I was one, but now I am finding that there are so many good ones out nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many books on your list that I have not even read yet, but so many on my shelves and wish list! I really need to get to them to see how they would rank on my list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails