Monday, January 17, 2011

Review: The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

Book: The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
Genre: YA Paranormal
Rating: B+
For: Local Authors
From: Bought it from Amazon 

This is the continuing story of Grace Divine, her friend Daniel, and her brother Jude... which began last year with The Dark Divine. In this sequel, Grace is working to perfect her newly acquired powers and is getting herself in all sorts of trouble trying to find her brother Jude. She and Daniel also seem to be having issues that are perplexing and causing her a bit of grief. Oh, and there's a new guy on the scene!

My problem, if you could call it a problem, is that it seemed slow to me in the beginning. I felt like nothing was happening. There was a lot of explaining or helping us to remember the first book (which is good sometimes since I tend to forget, but also boring if overly down.) Remember months (okay so it was way last year) ago when I vented my feelings on sequels? Yes, this one seemed to be doing that for me.

But, once things got going and the story for this particular book was on a roll, I was page turning again. The ending was particularly intense and the very very ending.... well.... sheesh. Seriously? :)

This book has some new and interesting takes on the popular paranormal genre. In this book we are introduced to more crazy creatures, and learn a lot more about their background. What imaginations you authors have to think this stuff up! All very interesting.

Bottom line: I enjoyed it, especially once it really got going.

Other Reviews:

One Librarian's Book Reviews
GalleySmith
Reading with Tequila
Fiktshun
Debbie's World of Books

More from author Bree Despain's official site.

1 comment:

  1. The ending was very cliffish. Now I have to wait forever to find out what happened.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails