I haven't officially posted a list for bookish resolutions yet, so I figured why not participate in the Top Ten event over at The Broke and the Bookish for the week and make one.
So here are my reading goals this year:
1. Keep reading The Wheel of Time books, hopefully one every other month. That would be six more books!
2. Read one non-fiction book a month.
3. Read more newly released books. Be more of a buzz maker instead of a buzz follower!
4. At the same time, read more classics!
5. But don't forget, allow for lots and lots of spontaneity (which basically means, enjoy the library.)
6. Recommit to the Printz Project and get a bunch of those books read.
7. Keep up with all the books the local authors are writing.
8. Read the New Testament.
9. Catch up on ARCs that are still waiting for reviews.
10. Read what I WANT to read, not what I HAVE to read.
Of course, I'll try to get to that fun 100 book mark again. Have you seen the new feature over at Goodreads where you can keep track of this? Yes, it's pretty cool. I'm doing really lousy so far since I haven't yet finished a book this year, but The Fires of Heaven has only 100 or so pages to go... and I can read 100 in a flash! :) But the week is a busy one, so I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm anxious to get to a bunch of new books that are waiting in the wings, so hopefully it will happen.
If you haven't posted your goals yet, what are you waiting for? Make a list and join us!