Okay, so I admit... I'm still peeking at that silly subscription number over there in Google Reader! You know, that one that supposedly tells me how many people subscribe and maybe read my blog? I should just ignore that thing, I know, because it makes me just a little bit crazy.
Lately, (and by lately I mean for the past year) it's been "stuck." It used to go gradually up, but now, it's on a major plateau of some kind! And then I get excited when it bumps up a number or two. And then the next day, it will go back down. Even big blog events like BBAW and/or Bloggiesta don't make it change at all anymore.
Which brings me to my point of this post... and makes me wonder, why would someone unsubscribe? I mean, what could possibly be unpleasing about me? :) I had fun thinking about this, and came up with the following list:
Reasons to Unsubscribe to This Blog
1. I talk too much about music.
2. Specifically, I talk too much about Josh G.
3. Which possibly means, I talk too little about books, which, after all, this blog is all about.
4. Perhaps my reviews are too boring.
5. Especially since I like everything I read (almost) and give all books A's, A-'s, or maybe B+'s.
6. And I also read too much YA (though I know many of you have this same "problem"!)
7. I ramble too much.
8. I post too much, maybe even twice a day sometimes!
9. I am informal and inarticulate.
10. I'm behind on the new books.
Ha! That cracks me up! It's very fun to analyze oneself (or blog) trying to see it from someone else's eyes and what they might be seeing happening here!
Well, anyway, I doubt much of the above stuff will change. Thanks to those of you that do subscribe despite the above list. I hope you stick around, and we'll have some fun!
(And thank you Katy Perry for letting me borrow your song lyrics!)