Thursday, August 30, 2012

Book Review: Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett

Book: Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett
Genre: YA Paranormal
Rating: ★★★★☆
For: Utah Book Month
From: Kindle download

I remember briefly meeting Angela at a blogger/author shindig probably about a year ago now. Her book looked intriguing to me at the time, but it took awhile for me to actually get my hands on it. (Getting the Kindle helped with that in a big way!)
And now to finally read it as part of my Utah books line up this month. Perfect!

I enjoyed this story for it's fun take on the whole supernatural love triangle thing. The boys in this book ARE supernatural, but are really quite different from what I've read before. And I'm not sure I can even figure out how to describe them to you! (You may have to click on over to Goodreads for a better description!)

Anyway, so there's Evie who's about ready to start college (yes.. these characters are college age and not high school) when she suddenly, out of the blue, meets the first boy. Instant attraction (something you may or may not get into) and there's stuff mentioned about being soul mates.... but when their relationship becomes more intense, Alex (the dude) FREAKS and runs away.

Which leaves the door open for the new boy, Emil, to step in and then things begin to get even more complicated. Now Emil says HE is her soul mate. Then, we learn that Alex never really went away, and so he jumps back in the picture with stories about how Emil is the bad guy and Evie needs to be protected from him.

Whew... so who IS the bad guy and who is the good? It turns out, these guys are each from rival groups that have to do with the upkeep (or not) of souls. What that all has to do with Evie... you'll just have to read to find out.

As I said, I really enjoyed this new look at supernatural, immortal characters. Very unique given all the other types of creatures we are always reading about. I enjoyed the romance bits too, pretty intense, even if the typical love triangle angle was present. It was fun!

Of course, there's more to come for Evie! I look forward to what she decides to do next!

Bottom line: I really enjoyed it!

Other Reviews:

Books With Bite
Rywn
The Fairytale Nerd

And the trailer, which isn't too bad actually!

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued! I've never heard of this author or this book. I'm so glad to discover them. That is what Utah Book Month is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap! Now I want to read this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember meeting Angela at a get-together, too. She was super nice. I really want to read her book. Is it only an ebook?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails