It's been a bad month for reading around here. As you all know now, I've been camping pretty much for the past two weeks, and didn't read a word during all that time. I tried to fit in a lot beforehand, and I read one really quick afterwards, which leaves me with this small little list:
Forever Odd by Dean Koontz: Odd Thomas, even as he is recovering from the events from the first book, is compelled to solve a crime/mystery of a pretty intense nature.
Lady Susan by Jane Austen: Lady Susan is a obnoxious lady who wants to steal all the guys, even from her very own daughter.
Caribbean Crossroads by Connie Sokol: A romance aboard a cruise ship!
Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt: What happens when you choose to have your psychiatric focus object be the head that's always sitting in front of you?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: An island where an annual race with mythical water horses each November is the excitement of the town.
Favorites: The Scorpio Races, and Sean Griswold's Head.
Plans for August
- Being that August is Utah Book Month, most of my plans will be reading books by Utah authors, see below.
- But, I also want to read For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, which I got at the library yesterday.
- I also want to finish the Pride and Prejudice re-read.
- I also hope to re-read Ender's Game for book club.
- And I have both Pandemonium and Insurgent sitting here, (not so) patiently waiting!
I have a TON of Utah author books stacked up around here to read. Here's the few that I hope to concentrate on this month:I have a couple on the Kindle too, so we'll see. It's doable, right? Wish me luck!!