Thursday, August 2, 2012

July Reading Recap and Utah Book Month Reading Plans


It's been a bad month for reading around here. As you all know now, I've been camping pretty much for the past two weeks, and didn't read a word during all that time. I tried to fit in a lot beforehand, and I read one really quick afterwards, which leaves me with this small little list:

Forever Odd by Dean Koontz: Odd Thomas, even as he is recovering from the events from the first book, is compelled to solve a crime/mystery of a pretty intense nature.

Lady Susan by Jane Austen: Lady Susan is a obnoxious lady who wants to steal all the guys, even from her very own daughter.

Caribbean Crossroads by Connie Sokol: A romance aboard a cruise ship!

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt: What happens when you choose to have your psychiatric focus object be the head that's always sitting in front of you?

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: An island where an annual race with mythical water horses each November is the excitement of the town.

Favorites: The Scorpio Races, and Sean Griswold's Head.

Plans for August
  • Being that August is Utah Book Month, most of my plans will be reading books by Utah authors, see below.
  • But, I also want to read For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, which I got at the library yesterday.
  • I also want to finish the Pride and Prejudice re-read.
  • I also hope to re-read Ender's Game for book club.
  • And I have both Pandemonium and Insurgent sitting here, (not so) patiently waiting!


I have a TON of Utah author books stacked up around here to read. Here's the few that I hope to concentrate on this month:


I have a couple on the Kindle too, so we'll see. It's doable, right? Wish me luck!!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely lists! Your July reading list is amazing considering the camping and not reading for two weeks. And your Utah Book Month list is very doable. My list has gotten out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks doable and good luck and I will be camping this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your list!!! I know how you feel, though, with wanting to read a few others. I hope I'll get Ender's Game read since I've never read it. And, I want to finish Dune. But, my Utah books take priority!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was going to put Forbidden Sea on my list and forgot. :( maybe I'll read it anyway. I'm glad your survived camping and that you enjoyed Scorpio Races. I didn't know that's what Lady Susan was about. Makes you wonder where Jane got her inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails