Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Real Romances!


The prompt today for The Broke and the Bookish's top ten list is romances from books that we think could survive in the real world. Interesting thing to think about, yes? I decided that many many romances would work, so in honor of Utah Book Month, which you all know I'm celebrating this month, I decided to choose ten romances that I think would work in real life.... from only books written by Utah authors. Deal?

Top Ten Real Romances from Utah Books!

1. I've always loved the relationship between Finn and Enna from Enna Burning by Shannon Hale. Strangely enough, this book is my least favorite of the series (all that burning made me feel like our skies have felt all summer long here!) but I've loved Finn since the beginning and he and Enna are just awesome.... and I think they would make it in the real world.

2. I really love the romance from My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter. Gideon and Jory have one of those "real" romances, based on normal, ordinary, real things, which makes me all the more certain it would survive in the real world.

3. Then there's Vin and Elend, of course, from the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. Epic fantasy, epic romance. And I think the things they go through prove that they could handle real world problems too. I would hope so anyway!

4. Miri and Peder have just gone through a bit of a test in the new Palace of Stones book, sequel to The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. I think we need to see a bit more of them to really decide if they can handle the real world, but I have a pretty good hunch that they could make it.

5. In Partials by Dan Wells (the author formally from Utah!) there's a hint at something going on between Kira and Samm.... and it's my belief that this will became a true romance through and through and that if they were put into the real world, they could handle it here easy. Well, at least I think so. It could be interesting for Samm, but you know. I think it would work!

6.While the books weren't my special favorites, I did enjoy Abby and Dante from Lisa Mangum's Hourglass Door series. They were (are?) so intensely enough in love that I think they will easily make it in the real world.

7. I really loved Azalea and Bradford from Heather Dixon's retelling of the 12 dancing princesses in Entwined. What an awesome book and what an awesome romance! It would make it in this world, I know it!

8. In Promises by Carolyn Twede Frank, there's a budding romance that I KNOW would make it in the real world. Why? Because it's based on a true...and successful... story!

9. Okay, at first I wasn't sure, but I'm deciding that yes, Grace and Daniel from Bree Despain's Dark Divine series would make it in the real world too. Their relationship is a bit volatile, so I thought maybe not, but I will give them a go!

10. Brusenna and Joshen from my recently read Utah book, Witch Song by Amber Argyle, tops off my list here. A sweet romance, and I know they will stick with anything!




8 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I haven't read many of those books... Need more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth and Darcy made my top of the list. I'm glad I know that now! :D

    I would've chosen Grace and Daniel, but I'm just not sure about many of the YA romances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! I really want to pick up a copy of Partials. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Miri and Peder pick! I didn't know a lot of the others. I would like to add Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe to the list. Their relationship is EPIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vin and Elend for sure! I love it when authors take the time to build up a romance, not just settle for that insta-love thing that happens so often in YA. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post, I wish I had seen it before I posted mine. I would have done romances from Utah books too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I'm sorta sad I missed this prompt. It's unique and would have been fun to think about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails