Hey! Cool! Melissa over at My Reading Table got her very first award and passed it on to me! So, of course I'm playing.
First, seven random (really really random) things about me:
1. When I was 16 I had a job playing the piano for a ballet school while they did their warm ups.
2. When I was in kindergarten, I was awarded two little plastic trophies at the end of the year, one for not missing any days of school, and one for not missing any spelling words the whole year!
3. When I was dating my husband-to-be, his company told all the employees that if they made so much (something like $100,000 million) by the next year, everyone would get a trip to Hawaii. We were married by the next year! (And yes, went to Hawaii on the company's dollar for our first anniversary.)
4. Just saw Toy Story 3 today and loved it. Laughed and cried. (I knew that whole story line would get to me with my kids growing up suddenly and just the other day we were going through the toys and.... yeah.....)
5. I must confess now that when everyone is complaining about bad weather, I sort of enjoy it. I like storms, rain, snow (unless I really need to drive far in it), and gusty breezes. I like cooler weather, and get grouchy when it's too hot.
6. I didn't start wearing glasses until I was about 22 years old. I blamed it on eye strain during college!
7. I dream of going on a road trip across the whole US. That and a whirlwind European tour!
Second, to pass it along. I'm not going to try and do 15, as the "rules" say, but I'll just do a random list of new-to-me bloggers that I've lately discovered:
Girls Gone Reading
The Introverted Reader
There's a Book
A Little Bookish
Sam's Book Blog
The Allure of Books