From: The library
So, I've totally fallen in love with Antsy (real name Anthony) and he's only barely fifteen or something. Sheesh. How does this happen?
I'll tell you how. It's because:
- he's funny. Oh, so funny. If I wrote down all the funny things, I'd tell you the whole book!
- he's clever. I mean, who would think to give away your time to a dying friend?
- he's very sensitive. Like very. They way he treats his blind friend, even when they aren't technically "together?" Cool. And how he worries over his other friends, and his family and even Mr. whatshisname.
- he's cute I'm sure, but you know, I'm not even sure what he looks like, because this book is not about looks, but about that deepness that is character!
- he's teachable. In this book he learns so much about friends, and family and what really matters. And it doesn't need to be pounded in his head. He gets it.
Yeah, so I'm a goner. Both with Antsy and his creator Mr. Shusterman. Be prepared for an onslaught of his books being featured down the road on this particular blog. Now, a new goal for the summer? Get my very own resident cute but struggling 15 year old boy to read these books!
Bottom line: I loved it!