Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: I Want These Settings!
Books are set in so many wonderful cool places. It's hard to come up with anything that hasn't been done before! But I gave it a shot for this week's Brook and Bookish question:
Top Ten Settings You'd Like to See More Of
1. Adventures on a farm... sounds boring maybe? But I think it would be so sweet and nice.
2. The Amazon jungle... that would be intense, and I can't think of one book set here... that I've read anyway.
3. Italy... because there can never be enough books set in Italy!
4. A big family... anywhere.. maybe a big city because that would be unusual I think.
5. A space station...yeah okay, like Star Trek's space station, only not.
6. Some quaint bed and breakfast...maybe in New England... this sounds like a calm relaxing setting too, like the farm
7. York, England... I visited here and loved it and I can't think of many books set here.
8. Plymouth Colony... I have yet to visit here, but want to, and I think a book set here would be very interesting.
9. High school band geeks.... I've only read a few books were the high school band plays a big part in the characters lives...we need more!
10. Medieval England... I can never get enough of this setting. I have no idea why, because it such a rough and hard time period, but so fascinating too.
How about you? Where would you love to see more books take place?