Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weekly Geeks 2009.29: Books and Music

I'm really bummed I don't have like a gazillion ideas for Weekly Geeks this week. Books and music together? What could be better? But, when I really try to think about what song makes me think of what book, nothing really comes to mind. It's making me crazy.

However, I do remember awhile back, when Twilight first came out, it was around the same time I was totally playing Josh Groban's Awake song over and over and over again. And I LOVED the lyrics... and I thought, hmmmm.... this could describe Bella and Edward's feelings at the end of Twilight perhaps, when their future together was a bit bleak.

I don't know, what do you think?




A sample of the lyrics:

So keep me awake, to memorize you.
Give us more time, to be this way.
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today.

We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here right now with me.
And all my fears just fall away, when you are all I see.

Oh, and in keeping with the Twilight theme, because I know you all love it so much.... I always thought the song My Immortal by Evanescence described the happenings of New Moon. Beautiful song.

I don't know, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Totally unrelated to the post, sorry, but I saw your comment on my giveaway. First, thanks for following me. And even though you weren't one of the follower-followers with the little pictures, I've seen your comments (which I always love) so I know you've been looking at the blog. :) Question, though - since you left that comment on the giveaway, I wasn't sure - did you want to be entered for the book? I didn't want to enter you if you weren't interested, and wanted to make sure to do so if you were. I'm subscribing to follow up posts here, so I'll get your answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do enter me. Sounds like fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm marking you down. I'm considering you "already a follower" because I know you were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Related to your post, I haven't read any of the Twilight books, but can see the Evanescence song working with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails