Thursday, August 6, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Recent Serious


Booking Through Thursday


What’s the most serious book you’ve read recently?(I figure it’s easier than asking your most serious book ever, because, well, it’s recent!)


Easy question for me this week because the most serious book I've recently read is hands down, The Road by Cormac McCarthy. In fact, I would have to say it's probably the most serious book I've read this year, perhaps even for the last few years.

Yeah, The Road is probably one of the most serious books out there. Agree? Or not?

8 comments:

  1. I'm in a very small minority but i do NOT agree. I thought it was unrealistic, contained too many random lucky breaks and it did not give me any serious emotional response since I just found the story unbelievable. I rolled my eyes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Road is definitely serious, but I couldn't finish it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband just read it, and he thought it was pretty serious. I put Cormac McCarthy in the same category as Quentin Tarantino however: those are for my husband - a little TOO dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Road is on my tbr list. Here's my response.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree...it is a pretty serious read but I can't say that I really liked it all that much! Maybe it was just a little TOO intense for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serious? Oh my yes! It is not one of my favorites by any stretch of the imagination but I am glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails