Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts


Today I:


- finished a book The Way He Lived by Emily Wing Smith, one of the authors I meet last week at our little blogger bash. I really really liked it.

- finished watching Gilmore Girls season 5. Sheesh THAT one ended on an abrupt and cliff hanger-ish note!

- wrote several posts for the family blogs and now this one too.


This Week I:

- started reading Gossamer by Lois Lowry. Maybe I'll go finish it right now too!

- started reading Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant.

- received The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafron from Amazon.

- didn't keep reading Drood which I started LAST week and gave it to The Mr. to read instead.

- sent email invites to the first book club meeting of the new "year". Can't wait to get that going again!

- finished (sort of) decorating my book nook including lamps, plants, and pictures. Just need new nice chairs now.

- encouraged daughter JJ to go ahead and read Gone With the Wind, that she will love it.

- encouraged daughter Toto that she should read something other than the Pendragon series for a bit.

- encouraged son Moder to keep reading Lord of the Flies, which he did and then couldn't put it down when it got to the "good" part.

This Coming Week I Will:

- read Catching Fire! :) (Unless for some crazy reason I can't find a book to buy.)

- go back, find, and read all the Catching Fire reviews I've been skipping for these past months.

- figure out what I want to read for the R.I.P IV Challenge.

- write a review for Octavian Nothing and The Way He Lived

- write a wrap up post for Dewey's Book Challenge.

- keep organizing books because I haven't even touched that mess by my bed yet!

- help at and attend the big storytelling festival that happens just up the street from me.

3 comments:

  1. Gossamer is such a cute book, and doesn't take too long. I think my son was reading those Pendragon books, but i can't remember if they were ones we decided weren't good for him, or if they were too old and he didn't really understand them well. He reads so many books, it's hard to keep track!

    Here's to finding Catching Fire! I hope they won't all be sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you've been busy :)

    I hope you post pictures of the nook when it is complete!

    I am thinking of joining the RIP challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about renting the first season of Gilmore Girls. I never really watched the show when it was on. I've caught a couple of episodes here and there recently and enjoyed them.

    I have both Sacred Hearts and The Angel's Game on my TBR shelf to read. I look forward to reading what you think of them.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails