Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review Thoughts: Finding Wild by Megan Wagner Lloyd

Book: Finding Wild by Megan Wagner Lloyd
Genre: Picture book
Rating:★★★★☆


I've rarely done a picture book review, mostly because I've been out of that genre forever and it's not often I have a chance or opportunity to read one these days! Most awesomely I'm getting back into that now that I have a baby girl in my life again, even if I won't get to see her much. I'll be on the look out!

The other day at book club one of  our members gave us copies of this picture book that her sister has written. And so here are my thoughts!

It's a lovely story about two kids who go on a walk and discover all the cool things that are wild out in the world.

It contrasts things in nature that are both tiny and soft and fragile and those that are prickly and itchy and stingy. It makes use of all the senses and really makes a case for all the things you can experience out on a walk.

But then there's the problem of nature and wild things in a city. Is it there? Yes, of course it is!

Bottom Line: Cute story with fun colorful pictures all about nature and how it's everywhere around us.

Other Reviews:

And hopefully it will make kids want to get off that couch and go play outside. From Alternate Readality

...a delightful gift for anyone with an affinity for determined city blossoms and wide, green spaces. From Book Page

5 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty book! It does talk about all the contrasting things you'll find. I didn't think of that till now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cover! Looks like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the illustrations. It's really pretty! And, I liked the story too. I'm going to give it to one of the kids in my life so they can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for reviewing it! I will let my sister know you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for reviewing it! I will let my sister know you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails