Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Kdrama Review: Thumping Spike

Drama: Thumping Spike (you'll find this one on DramaFever.com. Also YouTube.)
Genre: Romantic comedy
Starring:  Song Jae Rim, Hwang Seung Eon
Rating: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

I'd been seeing this one promoted heavily on DramaFever's Facebook page and finally, one day, when I couldn't stand it anymore... I clicked and started the first episode.

Come to find out these are tiny little episodes.... only 20 minutes long! So there are 20.... twenty minute episodes.. which meant I finished this cute little drama in only a couple of sittings. 

This one is about a famous volleyball player who is currently not playing due to a foot injury. An incident happens which finds her being in trouble for "beating up" this guy who happens to be on a struggling high school team. So, instead of fining her.. they decide she has to coach this team.

She rolls her eyes and thinks it's all beneath her... until of course she comes quickly attached to all the players... and especially attached to one of them in particular.


Yes, the coach (she's 24) falls for the student (he's 20 since due to some issues he had and was behind a year or so.) It makes for some pretty funny situations. 

It's a simple plot and sweet love story that I totally enjoyed! And some fun clips of awesome volleyball playing if you're into that sort of thing. A perfect little drama to squeeze in between the longer more complicated ones!


3 comments:

  1. Maybe I could commit to this one. Short little episodes could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name still cracks me up, lol. One of these times, I'll adventure out into my own kdrama, but for now, I like starting them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This one is just short and fun. I liked it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails